Carmen Cepeda (DJ Carmen La
Salsera4Ever) New York City
1. What or whom inspired you to become a salsa DJ?
My father who was a musician.
2. Why did you pick your DJ name? Is there a special meaning behind it?
La salsera4ever, for me it means that I will love and support salsa for as long as I am alive.
3. At what point did you realize you had enough music to pursue DJing seriously?
In the mid 70’s I started collecting music, then I discovered that my music would motivate people to dance. In those
days, we carried our vinyl in milk crates.
4. Name three of your favorite bands/artists of all time?
Tito Rodríguez, Ray Barretto, Papaito
5. What qualities must a song possess in order to make it to your playlist?
Definitively lots of rhythm.
6. What other types of music do you like aside from this genre?
Soul, R&B, Timba, Songo, and all that pertains to Afro-Cuban such as Latin Jazz.
7. Who are some of your favorite salsa DJs past or present?
Don’t have any in particular; there are many great DJs out there
8. Every DJ has a bucket list of goals as a DJ – What is one of your “DJ bucket list” dreams or goals?
I don’t consider myself a DJ, although I love to spin music. My goal has always been to produce great salsa shows.
9. If someone were to talk about you as a DJ, what would they say?
I really don’t have any idea. I am not doing any DJing like I used to do in the 70’s when the term DJ was hardly used.
10. What does being a Salsa Warrior mean for you?
It’s beginning to mean quite a lot, I have the opportunity to see that there many people out there that will spend their
money and time to keep our music and our culture alive. For many of us it’s really a labor of love.
Additional comments you’d like to share with your listeners:
Let’s keep salsa alive, buy the music, and support the musicians and promoters by attending the live events. This
would help them write, produce and arrange new music.
DJ Carmen La Salsera4Ever
Radio Show Title
Salsa Con Carmen
Live Air Day and Time
Weds 4pm ET
Salsa Warriors L.L.C is trademarked company. All programming, show titles, DJ names, images, trademarks, logos, photos and
copyrights are the exclusive intellectual property of Salsa Warriors L.L.C and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights
are the property of their respective owners. This website is based in the United States. By submitting personal information to this
website you consent to your information being maintained in the U.S. and is subject to applicable U.S. laws. U.S. law may differ from the
law of your home country. In this case, U.S. law supersedes all other country laws.
Anyone falsely promoting themselves as a Disc Jockey, employee or claiming association with Salsa Warriors L.L.C are advised to
immediately cease this behavior to avoid legal action. Such persons are hereby obligated to remove all links, postings or any comments
from social media belonging to the individual or to a third party. © 2014 - 2016 Salsa Warriors L.L.C All Rights Reserved.