DJ Evelyn & Howie
New York City
1. What or whom inspired you to become a Salsa DJ?
introduced to Vicki Sola by the one and only Jimmy Bosch. After watching us dance, Vicki invited us to be on her
show “Que Viva La Musica” to play our favorite salsa tracks that we enjoy dancing to. That was our introduction to
live radio and till’ this day we’ve continued to be part of the Que Viva La Musica family.
2. Why did you pick your DJ name? Is there a special meaning behind it?
They’re not DJ names. It’s who we are: “Howie & Evelyn”; like Two Peas in a Pod.
3. At what point did you realize you had enough music to pursue DJing seriously?
We’ve been collecting all kinds of music for over 40 years, mostly salsa. We have a pretty serious collection right
now and continue adding to its growth.
4. Name three of your favorite bands/artists of all time?
Three for Howie and three for Evelyn:
Howie: Sonora Poncena, Michael Jackson, Jackie Wilson
Evelyn: Ismael Miranda, Tito Gomez, El Gran Combo, just to name a few.
5. What qualities must a song possess in order to make it to your playlist?
Must haves: An awesome mid-tempo Rhythm, a tight Coro, and a Swing Sabroso.
6. What other types of music do you like aside from this genre?
Boleros, Cha-Cha-Cha, R&B, Jazz, etc.
7. Who are some of your favorite salsa DJs past or present?
DJ Jeff, DJ Hilton, and DJ Bobby Collado. We also enjoyed radio personalities Frankie Crocker and Paco.
8. Every DJ has a bucket list of goals as a DJ – What is one of your “DJ bucket list” dreams or goals?
That our music on Salsa Warriors be heard worldwide so as to preserve our music and dance for future generations.
9. If someone were to talk about you as a DJ, what would they say?
“WOW Howie & Evelyn are playing some awesome salsa on SALSA WARRIORS Internet Radio. It makes me want
to DANCE. Gotta go buy that track and tell ALL my friends to tune in”.
10. What does being a Salsa Warrior mean for you?
*Dedication to preserve our music
*Keeping Salsa alive by sharing our history and culture while exposing our music,
both the old and new, to the next generation.
*And OUR pledge to play only the best on Salsa Warriors
Additional comments you’d like to share with your listeners:
Dancing is one of the greatest pleasures you can experience. Let’s continue to support our musicians & clubs and
KEEP SALSA ALIVE. LISTEN TO SALSA WARRIORS
Salsa Warriors L.L.C is trademarked company. All programming, show titles, DJ names, images, trademarks, logos, photos and
copyrights are the exclusive intellectual property of Salsa Warriors L.L.C and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights
are the property of their respective owners. This website is based in the United States. By submitting personal information to this
website you consent to your information being maintained in the U.S. and is subject to applicable U.S. laws. U.S. law may differ from the
law of your home country. In this case, U.S. law supersedes all other country laws.
immediately cease this behavior to avoid legal action. Such persons are hereby obligated to remove all links, postings or any comments
from social media belonging to the individual or to a third party. © 2014 - 2016 Salsa Warriors L.L.C All Rights Reserved.
& Howard Turner
Radio Show Title
Con Swing Sabroso
Air Day and Time
Mondays 5pm ET,
Fridays 3pm ET