Jose Massas (DJ Tito Massas)
1. What or whom inspired you to become a salsa DJ?
Going to salsa events, with and without live music, and hearing really bad Dj’s. This made me consider, that being a
social salsa dancer could help me be a Dj. So I imaged the feeling of seeing people dancing to my music. So when I
decided to become a Dj, I started to pay attention to Dj Georgie Melendez, Henry Knowles and Andy Rodriguez.
2. Why did you pick your DJ name? Is there a special meaning behind it?
No special meaning, it’s my nickname and my last name
3. At what point did you realize you had enough music to pursue DJing seriously?
Aprox. In 2002-2003
4. Name three of your favorite bands/artists of all time?
Cheo Feliciano, Ismael Rivera, and Don Perigñon y la Puertorriqueña.
5. What qualities must a song possess in order to make it to your playlist?
Depends on the occasion dance music or just enjoying it without dancing. In either case, the reaction of the people
is always crucial for me. In general, it should have good swing or cadence, afinque y sabrosa. It’s not want I want to
hear as a Dj, is what the people want
6. What other types of music do you like aside from this genre?
7. Who are some of your favorite salsa DJs past or present?
Luis Salgado-Clara, Dj Mambo, Henry Knowles, Andy Rodriguez, Georgie Melendez , Carmencita Dj, Dj Caballoballo
and Dj Bannuchi.
8. Every DJ has a bucket list of goals as a DJ – What is one of your “DJ bucket list” dreams or goals?
To play in a respected international Salsa Congress or Festival in USA and Europe and to have my permanent
venue.(I already have accomplished the later)
9. If someone were to talk about you as a DJ, what would they say?
That I have a unique style, I’m not predictable when I play music and that i play old school and
contemporary/modern salsa when it appeals to the public.
10. What does being a Salsa Warrior mean for you?
The opportunity to share my love and passion of Salsa with the world thru my unique style.
Salsa Warriors L.L.C is trademarked company. All programming, show titles, DJ names, images, trademarks, logos, photos and
copyrights are the exclusive intellectual property of Salsa Warriors L.L.C and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights
are the property of their respective owners. This website is based in the United States. By submitting personal information to this
website you consent to your information being maintained in the U.S. and is subject to applicable U.S. laws. U.S. law may differ from the
law of your home country. In this case, U.S. law supersedes all other country laws.
Anyone falsely promoting themselves as a Disc Jockey, employee or claiming association with Salsa Warriors L.L.C are advised to
immediately cease this behavior to avoid legal action. Such persons are hereby obligated to remove all links, postings or any comments
from social media belonging to the individual or to a third party. © 2014 - 2016 Salsa Warriors L.L.C All Rights Reserved.
Radio Show Title:
Salsa Con Swing y Afinque
Air Day and Time
Mon and Wed 12pm ET